YOUR GUIDE TO TRAVELLING CLIMATEFRIENDLY WHILE MAINTAINING YOUR HIGH STANDARD AND COMFORT
BOOK CLIMATE-FRIENDLY - SO YOU CAN ENJOY YOUR STAY WITHOUT COMPROMISING WITH THE CLIMATE
In addition to the climate map, we have gathered some easy advice and thoughts that you can consider before your stay so that you can minimize your climate footprint.
When choosing your hotel, consider:
- Can I reach all my destinations by public transport? If so, I will minimize my footprint by choosing a hotel close to public transportation.
- Is it more convenient to get around by car / taxi? If so, choose a hotel that is close to your destinations and see if you have the opportunity to try an electric car or local electric car services.
- Use the Climate Score to choose a hotel that is climate-friendly and suitable for your location.
YOU CAN LIVE MORE CLIMATE FRIENDLY AT A HOTEL THAN AT HOME
You can live more climate-friendly at a hotel than at home, without compromising with luxury and comfort. When you travel, you have the opportunity to change your everyday habits and try something new. If you make the right changes and focus on climate friendly actions on your trip, you can compensate a lot for the fact that you may have had to fly or drive to reach your destination.
By actively making the right choices and maintaining your climate ambitions, you can do much more for the climate than anyone else. If you want to be more climate friendly without compromising with your journey, and perhaps even add new experiences, we have put together some advice that is climate friendly and that you might not otherwise experience.
Specifically during your trip you can contribute to a climate friendly society by:
- Choosing the delicious local climate friendly menus with local ingredients. Many destinations have unique vegetarian or meat-free dishes, that cannot be found anywhere else in the world.
- Eating well with a clear conscience to minimize food waste.
Looking for public transportation options or take advantage of the opportunity to rent an electric car.
- Being aware of your consumption of water, waste and opt out having bed linen and towels washed daily.
- Buying your souvenirs from locals who produce their own goods.
HELP SECURING THE CLIMATE FRIENDLY HOTELS OF THE FUTURE
There is no place like home! You have been on a climate friendly journey and stayed at either a hotel that already does a lot for the climate or a hotel which you think should take more responsibility for their climate impact. To spread climate friendly tourism, people need to hear about good experiences from ordinary citizens like yourself, who deliberately make conscious choices to minimize your climate impact.
Hotels want to hear your opinion and are spending a lot of time finding new solutions, so that your experience can help them and future guests.
How can you ensure that others will benefit from your experiences in the future?
- Provide the hotel with feedback on how they can improve
- Praise them for their good work. In this way, you ensure that the hotel continuously works actively with climate and sustainability for your next stay.
- Tell us about the good experience at the hotel and how the hotel's focus has added value to your stay. That way, you ensure that others will benefit from it.