GUIDE TO CLIMATE FRIENDLY TRAVELINSPIRATION FOR YOUR COLLEAGUES
BOOK CLIMATE FRIENDLY - SO YOU CONTRIBUTE TO DENMARK'S AMBITIOUS CLIMATE GOALS WITHOUT COMPROMISING WITH YOUR COMFORT
The easy decisions and actions have already been made by the hotel, and many Danish hotels have already invested in climate, but it is difficult to see. The Climate Map enables you to choose the most climate friendly hotel already in the booking phase.
As a company you are in the unique situation that you can influence the hotels. When you choose hotels to host conferences or place overnight stays, ask for documentation of their climate work and choose based on this. This means that you do not have to compromise with the climate when meetings or events are to be held away from home.
If you want specific analyses and recommendations, please contact us here.
In addition to the climate map we have gathered some easy advice and thoughts that you can consider before your stay so you can minimize your climate footprint.
When choosing a hotel, consider this:
- Use the Climate Score to choose a hotel and conference venue that is climate friendly and suitable for your location.
- Can my colleagues reach all their destinations by public transport?
Then we can minimize our footprint by choosing a hotel close to public transportation
- Is it more convenient to get around by car / taxi?
Then choose hotels that are close to your destinations and encourage your colleagues to try an electric car or local electric car services
YOU CAN STAY MORE CLIMATE FRIENDLY IN A HOTEL THAN AT HOME
Your colleagues and you can stay more climate friendly in a hotel than at home without compromising with luxury and comfort. When you travel, you have the opportunity to change your everyday habits and try something new. If you change enough of your normal lifestyle and focus on climate friendly actions on your trip, you can compensate a lot for the fact that you may have had to fly or drive far to reach the destination.
By actively making the right choices and maintaining your climate ambitions, you and your colleagues can do much more for the climate than anyone else. If you want to be more climate friendly without compromising with your journey, and perhaps even add new experiences, we have gathered some climate friendly advice that you might not otherwise experience.
During your journey you can specifically contribute to a climate friendly society by:
- Choosing the delicious local climate friendly menus with local ingredients. Many destinations have unique vegetarian or meat-free dishes, that cannot be found anywhere else in the world.
- Eating well with a clear conscience to minimize food waste.
- Looking for public transportation options or take advantage of the opportunity to rent an electric car.
- Being aware of your consumption of water, waste and opt out having bed linen and towels washed daily.
- Buying your souvenirs from locals who produce their own goods.
HELP ENSURING CLIMATE FRIENDLY HOTELS AND SUPPORT THE CLIMATE PARTNERSHIPS OF THE FUTURE IN DENMARK
Denmark has an ambitious climate plan to reduce our emissions by 70% by 2030. This requires that we as companies keep each other motivated and give praise to those who work dedicated with climate. For climate friendly tourism to spread, people and companies must hear about good experiences where focus on climate and sustainability does not mean less luxury and comfort. In addition, the hotels want to hear your opinion and spend much time finding new solutions so that your experiences can help them and future guests.
How do you ensure that others, both companies and employees, benefit from your experiences and experiences in the future?
- Provide the hotel with feedback on how they can improve
- Praise the hotel for their good work. In this way, you ensure that the hotel works actively with climate and sustainability for your next stay.
- Tell your colleagues why you have chosen this particular hotel and what it means for your climate goals.
In this way, you ensure that climate is an integral part of your organizational culture, and that you will enjoy climate friendly hotels in the future.
- Actively communicate that you as a company prioritize working with climate friendly hotels for your conferences and overnight stays